ROCK N' ROLL, BLUES AND FOLK MUSIC IN BRIGHTON
Free gigs @ Concorde 2
Those very generous people at Concorde 2, Brighton
are opening their doors for free over the next couple
of months …… & it’s to see stuff that’s well worth seeing !
Wed 2nd April Brighton Rocks & C2 present a Local
Band Night with
Johnny Truant + Hiding With Girls + Scuttle + Seven
Mon 7th April Brighton Rocks & C2 present a Local
Band Night with
Everise + The Phil Collins 3 + Kubrik + Teasing Lulu .
Mon 14th April Brighton Rocks & C2 present a Local
Band Night with
Chimp + County of Analogue + Lucky Jim + Frock.
Monday 5th May Bank Holiday ‘World Music’ Alldayer.
Dance to the beat of modern samba with Sambaloco:
Patricia Marx live PA (vocalist with 4 Hero), Bruno E & Adrian Harley (BBC
1xtra) plus African drummers, Flamenco Dancing, Capoeira, steel drummers.
Spanish & Caribbean food, kids play area (bouncy castle, ball pit, face
painting), jugglers, circus skills & much more.
2pm – 8pm. £donations welcome.
Monday 26th May Bank Holiday ‘Reggae’ Alldayer.
Soundclash special: guest DJs to be announced plus live
acts, DJs, drummers, bouncy castle, ball pit, stalls & much much more.
2pm – 10pm. £donations welcome.
Concorde 2, Madeira Drive, Brighton.
For details on all our events: www.concorde2.co.uk
Royal Oak, 3 Station Street, Lewes, 474803 NEWS
OUR FUTURE PROGRAMME INCLUDES:- Dave Sealey ( of Cosmotheka), Bayou Seco, Ken
Perlman, Rod Paterson, Alistair Anderson, Bayou Seco, Keiron Means, Sara Grey,
Jeff Davis Our website is just
...And if you are ever looking for a good barn dance band, look no
than THE SUSSEX PISTOLS. Visit the website
- Abbott of Sompting, Steep Down Road, Sompting, West Sussex, BN15 0LJ, 01903
522299 - every Friday
- Albion Inn, 110 Church Road, Hove, 728311 - every Thursday.
- Blind Lemon Alley, 41 Middle Street, 205151 - every Sunday.
- Borders, Churchill Square, 731122 - various,
- Brighton Centre, Kings Road, Box Office 0870 900 9100 - various
- Brunswick, 3 Holland Road, Hove, 731676 - various
- Burrell Arms, Brunswick Road, Shoreham-by-Sea, (next to Shoreham railway
station), 452023 - every Friday
- Concorde 2, Madeira Drive, 207241, - various - drinks license till 2am, email, web
- Connaught, 48 Hove Street, 206578- Saturdays, web
- Crown & Anchor, High Street, Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex, 461753
- Curve, 45 Gardner Street, 603031/41
- The Evening Star, 55-56 Surrey Street, 328931
- Freebutt, 1 Phoenix Place, 603974 - various,
- Greys, 105 Southover Street, 680734 - various, email, web,
- Horatios, Palace Pier, Madeira Drive, 609361 - every Saturday
- Kensington, Kensington Gardens, 677655 - Fridays & Saturdays, 8.30pm on, email, web
- Komedia, 44-47 Gardner Street, Box Office-647100/1 - various, web
- The Merry Monk, 1 North Road, Lancing, West Sussex, 01903 875911
- Portland, 153 Portland Road, Hove, 383840, web, giglist
- JAM SESSION - all abilities & styles welcome - every Thursday, 9-11pm
- RHYTHM & BOOZE AT THE ROCK BAR -every Friday & Saturday, 9-11pm
- RHYTHM & BOOZE AT THE ROCK BAR - every Sunday, 7.30 onwards
- Pressure Point, Richmond Place, 624343, more
- Prince Albert, 48 Trafalgar Street, 730499 or 207241 for further info - various
- Ranelagh Arms, 2-3 High Street, 681634 - every Sunday
- Royal Oak, 3 Station Street, Lewes, 474803 - Folk, every Thursday, web
- St Aubyns, 22 Victoria Terrace, Hove, 733983
- Sanctuary Café, 51-55 Brunswick Street East (Off Western Rd), 770002 - various,
- Sportsman, Withdean
- The Lift, 11-12 Queen's Road
- The Snowdrop Inn, South Street, Lewes, East Sussex, 471018
- Volks, 3 The Colonnade, Madeira Drive, 682828, email, web
- New weekly night from 9 October - Gr... Techno Punk & Metal - Only £1 entry + loads
of drink promo's, every Tuesday
Sonic Oblivion are:
Rob Comber : lead vocals and guitar
Darren Hilborn : drums & backing vocals
Steve Porritt : bass guitar & backing vocals
The band was formed in 1997 by ex members of popular Sussex bands "Empyr" and
"After All". Their new bass player is also a current member of the folk
band "Touchstone". Sonic Oblivion play a wide variety of highly
professional cover versions of rock classics by bands such as U2, Manic Street
Preachers, Metallica, AC/DC, Pulp and Radiohead, just to name a few... giglist & web
The best three piece covers band in the South!
COBRA - Hard Hittin' Brighton Rock - giglist
ROYAL OAK - You can find more biographical
details and photographs of the artists on the Royal Oak's website
3, Royal Oak - * £4.00 BRYAN BOWERS The leading exponent of the auto-harp
and a master of Old Timey songs and tunes is on tour from America and makes his
first appearance for us.
10, Royal Oak - * £5.00 ANDY IRVINE We are delighted to welcome back one of the
best known names in Irish Music.
17, Royal Oak - * £4.00 THE BOB DAVENPORT BIG BAND. The mighty Geordie will be
surrounding himself with some of the fine musicians that he has worked with over
24, Royal Oak - * COOPE, BOYES & SIMPSON Britain's leading harmony trio.
Barry, Jim and Lester make a very welcome return
1, * £3.00 * RICK TOWNEND & ROSIE DAVIS The leading British exponents of
bluegrass will be back to engage and delight just as they always do!
8, * £4.00 * DAVE SEALEY The surviving half of Cosmotheka. Dave's great
enthusiasm for his Music Hall material always proves infectious.
15, * FREE ADMISSION * OPEN NIGHT A rare occasion when we meet without a guest
and give our regular performers more of a change. New performers welcome.
22, * £3.00 * BING LYLE & MANDY MURRAY Two of our favourite performers.
Traditional tunes & songs plus Bing's fine compositions on concertina,
accordion & guitar.
29, * £4.00 * ROD PATERSON The singer from Edinburgh with a voice like pure
honey. Rod sings a wide range of songs and excels with ballads.
Revised: 19 November 2004